How to Clean Playing Cards
Cleaning plastic playing cards
- Your cards will last longer if you keep them clean in the first place. However they can be cleaned if you need.
- To wash your cards, use cold water, mild neutral soap and a soft cloth. Do not use hot water.
- Clean only a few cards at a time.
- Rub very lightly on both sides of the card and rinse quickly.
- Dry thoroughly at once using a clean, soft cloth.
- Spread your washed cards on a table and allow minimum 20 minutes drying time on each side. Avoid direct sunshine.
- Do not try to dry cards using artificial heating elements like a hair dryer.
- Occasionally wipe your plastic cards with a damp cloth and let dry thoroughly.
- Never use detergent or alkaline soap.
- Never wash cards in a washing machine.
- Never put cards away damp, either from washing or perspiration.
- Never store cards where they will be exposed to sunshine or any other source of heat like a car dashboard.
- Play on a clean felt table. Playing on poor quality or dirty surfaces will result in scratches which will allow dirt to accumulate on the cards.
- Store your cards in a consistently cool and dry environment.
- Do not leave your playing cards in a hot car or exposed to direct sunlight